real life hijabi style # 20

Meet Saloua. She is 21, from England with Moroccan blood running through her veins, thanks to Mum and Dad.

I will let her describe her lovely outfits here in her own words....


The first one was at my 21st, a small family meal and my brother bought me a Syrian outfit back from Syria and i matched it with my gold hijab :D


The second one is of me and my mother at the sea front were we live, my mum likes to wear her one piece hijabs as she says she doesnt like to faff around, whereas i love my shaylas and wrap them around like mad :D

The third image is me in my black hijab which is placed on my head with equal sides either side and pinned under the chin, then take one side add a little more material so it comes over my chin and wrap around once, and pin on the side and then their are two ends at the front and its easy to do and takes me 2 seconds. and im wearing a sunset yellow Moroccan style hooded caftan from shukr its loose and modest and long, i wear it with loose jeans :D


The fourth image is my new mint pashmina shayla is soooo soft and cool to wear for this summer, and iv wrapped khaleeji style and slapped on a large colour brooch to the side of my head and it stays in place all day :D


The fifth image is of me and my mother in morocco just before we were heading off to a traditional crazy Moroccan wedding. we are both wearing traditional tackshitas which are two layered dresses that are loose and modest, with silver belts. we rented these out for both of them at £12 for the evening cheap as chips! i wasnt expecting to go to a wedding so my scarf doesnt match and i tried my best to match it but the blue cap was a disaster lol. :S but my mum looks well matched and lovely.


the sixth image is in the heart of the old kasbah in oujda/morocco it was friday so most shops were closed, thats my mother in green and my aunt in blue abayas, moroccan abayas are very bright and loud but in morocco it doesnt seem unusual it doesnt stand out because everything over there is bright and sunny and colourful.

The seventh image is again me and my mum (she is my best freind) in Madrid airport, im wearing a yellow dress with a white long sleeved top and white loose linen trousers with yellow pumps and yellow cap with white hijab... over coordinated i think? lol
and my mum is wearing a gorgeous striped tunic and white linen skirt, and i love her striped hijab (i bought her it) :D

The eighth and final image is of me on my todd at the beach in morocco, sitting on some rocks (dangerous) what i wore was perfect was cool and light yet modest. the skirt i love, its sooo loose and long and the blue and green tunic with blue t-shirt were cotton, and again that blue cap hehehe and white shayla i didnt realise until some one pointed out to me that i match the scenery lol :D

That was last year so inshallah towards the end of this year i will have some gorgeous abayas to show you :D
*****************

Thanks Saloua for sending them in!

i really loved the one of you in black hijab and the yellow hooded caftan! thats my fav!

No comments:

Post a Comment